1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Liquid Cooling System Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StrygwyrBS, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StrygwyrBS

StrygwyrBS Thread Starter

Ive had my comouter for about 3 years now. It's using q corsair unit with the send/return hoses. My chip has started to overheat so I opened up my shell and checked. One of the hoses is warm and the other is really hot. I unscrewed from its place and found a TON of dust. I though oh it cant breathe so I cleaned it out and expected it to work but it's not working. Can I get some advice on what to do next?

2. CMooner

CMooner

Maybe you already checked, but is the radiator clear of dust/blockage? Fans running?

3. StrygwyrBS

Yeah thats all checked. Its a long story but I ended up getting a new unit which originally I didnt have the bracket to screw it in but now im having the bracket shipped to me. All I have to do is put the thermal puddy on the new one and plug it in right?

4. CMooner

CMooner

Clean off old thermal interface material. then apply new. Here are some good instructions for cleaning.

5. StrygwyrBS

Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1135438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice