1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Liquid Cooling Systems?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BMac93, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMac93

BMac93 Thread Starter

Hello everyone...

I am looking to either upgrade my case to water cooling, or to just buy a new one.

If i were to buy a new one it would HAVE to be through NewEgg... and under $400.

This is the case i currently have. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If it is suggested to stick with my case... can someone tell me EVERYTHING i would need to buy in that case? Because i read some things on water cooling, but i'm still a complete noob... If you need more information just ask, i respond quickly.

Any guidance will be very much appreciated.

Note: I also prefer to buy a pre-done liquid cooling system... i don't trust myself to mess up and leak on my board.

My desire is to just upgrade, nothing is getting hot, my system is cooled fine. But i just want the liquid cooling for future proof, just an upgrade i had in mind to do. I have a 7870 video card.

If problems do occur with the liquid cooling i more than likely would be able to repair it... the install is what scares me... But i simply just want it.

I would prefer not to add to my current case, since it has taken some damage, and i lost some screws here and there. But i like the size, i don't wanna go bigger...is there bigger? lol? anyways.. size is fine where its at.

I guess.... CPU and video card would be the biggest things i want done, but if i have to install 4 seperate components just for one... i wanna do it all, ya know??

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    1) that link doesn't work, so I can't see the case
    2) if you aren't having cooling issues, then upgrading is a waste of money.
    3) there is always a chance of leaking, even with a prebuilt system. hardware fails, it's a fact of life.
    4) most kits include a single heatsink for just the cpu
    5) they can also create more noise and/or heat (outside the case). You are replacing the fans on the cpu/gpu with larger fans on the radiator to keep the liquid cool

3. BMac93

BMac93 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!