List of installed programs and their version numbers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

valis

I've used belarc in the past (quite a few years, however), and it seemed to do the trick.....curious to know how it performs this time around.

Fierre

Not sure I'm following you; but the program that thread suggests... http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html should do what your asking.
I wasn't clear with my question, sorry for that. What I meant was the batch file of the TheOutcaste user. For example, this's a sample of the installed software I got with that batch file:

Code:
Program Name = Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU
Program Name = MonoDroid for Visual Studio 1.0.9794
Program Name = Junk Mail filter update
Program Name = Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 2 - Visual Studio 2010 Tools
Program Name = Java Auto Updater
Program Name = Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack
Program Name = Microsoft Expression Blend 4
Program Name = Windows Live UX Platform
Program Name = Nero StartSmart OEM
Program Name = Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Professional Beta
Program Name = Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2.0 - ENU[IMG]http://attach.tsgstatic.com/tsg/styles/common/blank.png[/IMG]

Program Name = Skype Click to Call
Program Name = Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4974
Program Name = Windows Live Essentials
Program Name = Windows Live Mail
Program Name = Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU
Program Name = Nero ControlCenter
Program Name = Microsoft SQL Server Browser
Program Name = Windows Live Essentials
Program Name = Security Update for Paquete de idioma de Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile ESN (KB2478663)
Program Name = Security Update for Paquete de idioma de Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile ESN (KB2518870)
Program Name = Apple Software Update
Program Name = Windows Live Installer
Program Name = Microsoft Visual C++ Compilers 11
Program Name = Windows Live Photo Common
Program Name = Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0
Program Name = Nero DiscSpeed Help
Program Name = Windows Live Sync
Program Name = WinZip 14.5
I have the version number in some cases, but I don't have them in others. I'd like to get the version for every program installed. I'll appreciate a lot if somebody can tell me the way to get that info.

I already have the Belarc Advisor installed in my computer, but I need to solve this problem in my work, I can't install the program there, because of that I was interested in that batch file.

Thank you very much for your reply guys! :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know the way to get a list of installed programs and their version number in Windows 7 and earlier.

I checked this thread, but the software version doesn't appears in some programs:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/893820-solved-export-list-installed-programs.html

Please, I'll appreciate a lot your help.
In addition to what I do in post #3 of that thread, I edit the "Uninstall" section of the registry in conjunction with editing the "Tools" section in Piriform CCleaner so the actual names and versions of my programs and extras appear in Control Panel - Programs And Features.

Here is a screenshot to show you what the end result looks like.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online