1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lite on dvd drive will read dvd rom games but not dvd movies please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shanewins, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shanewins

shanewins Thread Starter

i have a lite-on dvdrw shw-160p6s ata device

it works fine for everything but dvd movies
    i can instal and run dvd rom games from it
    when i try to play a movie it just acts like there is no disk in the drive and says please insert a disk in drive D:

i have dvd playing software installed
    i have tryed removeing the upper and lower filters in the registry (there was only an upper filter)
    i flashed the firmware
    i tryed it in safemode
    i have un installed and reinstalled...

please help

2. warrior19

warrior19

3. shanewins

shanewins Thread Starter

windows vista 64 bit

and i installed powerDVD

4. warrior19

warrior19

Can you tell us what status of the DVD drive is in Windows Control Panel - Device manager.

Access it as follows:

1. Click on the Start button and then Control Panel.
    2. Click on the System and Maintenance link.
      Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the Administrative Tools icon and proceed to Step 4.
    3. In the System and Maintenance window, click on the Administrative Tools link near the bottom of the window.
    4. In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
    5. When the Computer Management utility opens, click on Device Manager on the left side of the window, located toward the bottom of the list under the System Tools heading.
      Device Manager should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window.
    Under DVD/CD-Rom Drives is the Lite ON listed and showing no errors?

Also are you using Daemon Tools software. Try disabling/uninstalling Daemon Tools?

5. shanewins

shanewins Thread Starter

yes it is listed and with no errors

i dont think i am useing any kind of daemon tools unless they come with some other software

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice