Lite-on DVDRW SOHW 1633s

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jb123

My unit seems to not be detecting or reading any disc inserted, properties show full disc(blue) but no volume sizes. New unit came with no drivers and is maybe at most 2 yrs old. Does show up in my comp but just makes a weird sound like it cant read any disc. any suggestions?

The most economical way would be to try another drive. The cost is so low that it would be far cheaper than trying to get it diagnosed professionally, and the drives are not repairable anyway.

It's catch 22, where replacement is the cheapest test.
As the drive appears to be recognised by Windows, its most likely to be the drive, but unless you try another I know of no way to test it. Windows cannot tell what's going on beyond the interface buffer hardware either so will think its fine and try to use it.

pugmug

Banned
I would try to update the firmware before replacing the drive. What have you got to lose as it does not work now? Go to their site and download it if you want.

I replaced the firmware and nothing.Microsoft forced me to download pack2 and then won't help.I hate them,,my drive will write,but will not read what it writes..other drives will read,but not the drive that wrote it..never of this crap before.

pugmug said:
I would try to update the firmware before replacing the drive. What have you got to lose as it does not work now? Go to their site and download it if you want.
Truthfully , have you ever really seen firmware update fix a non reading drive? I haven't.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online