1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Literally every program is saying "Encountered an error and has to close."

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Chojo, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chojo

Chojo Thread Starter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a little background on my system:

There are 5 users on the computer. Of course, I usually log on with my own account.

However, since 2 days ago, everything has literally started to fall apart. First of all, when I log in, it ATI gives me a messaging say that "The Command Line Interface has encountered an error and has to close." Then a short while after, it would say "Windows explorer has encountered an error and has to close.", even though I was not even using windows explorer.

From then on, any program I would try to use such as Internet Explorer would suddenly freeze and encounter an error. Even when I open MSN Messenger, I get the message "MSN Messenger has encountered an error and has to close.". Any other program I open results in the same sort of error messages and eventually my computer locks up. When I press ctrl-alt-delete, it says that the CPU usage is enormously high (99%-100%) even when I have NO programs open.

The strange thing is that after I log off and go on any body else's Windows XP account, there are absolutely no problems at all.

I am currently scanning my computer for viruses, but none have turned up yet.

Can anybody shed any light on my situation, and why only my account is fatally glitched? I feel extremely helpless and frustrated.

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it!

NOTE: No, restarting the system does not help. This problem has persisted for the last 2 days no matter how many times I reboot the computer.

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Click Start, click Run, type eventvwr.msc in the Open box, and then press Enter.
    Click the Application category.

Look For Recent Errors > Double Click on them > Another Windows Will open > On the Right Side use the Double Notepad icon to copy the error paste them here

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice