1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Little Confused

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by snailshell, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snailshell

snailshell Thread Starter

Hi,

This thing happened to my computer, and I don't know what exactly happened. I plugged in a memorex flash drive to copy a few images, and explorer.exe hung, and then terminated by itself. After this, I noticed that the Norton Firewall icon had dissapeared. I logged out, and while I was logging out, xp prompted me with the following end program error messages for the following processes.

SDKListener (I think)
    WMmonitor Win

If someone could tell me what exactly these are, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running xp home sp2.
    I have an HP Pavilion ze2315us.

2. matt_aj

matt_aj

Sounds like the usb drive caused explorer to crash. Have you rebooted and tried again? Some tray icons will dissappear when explorer crashes.

3. snailshell

snailshell Thread Starter

It happened twice in a row. I was just wondering if anyone knew what those two processes are, because I've never heard of them/known installing them on my comp.

4. Rivera42

Rivera42

I do wish somebody would resurrect this thread; I'm having almost exactly the same problem. During the shutdown process, I see a dialog that "WMMonitor Win" is having some sort of problem. They're never onscreen long enough to read the whole thing. If it matters, I use 2 SanDisk and 1 Memorex U3 USB drives in a 4-port hub.

5. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

They're never onscreen long enough to read the whole thing. If it matters.
    Next time it comes up hit pause break key.

6. Rivera42

Rivera42

From what I can tell, the program "WMMonitor Win" is included in the shutdown sequence in the same way as, say, "aolsoftware.exe" for instance. What I notice is that it disappears if I "eject" the flash drives prior to shutdown; the program isn't indicated in the shutdown sequence. Tangential to all this, it appears there is some sort of conflict with Windows Explorer, as I experience frequent crashes with it while the USB drive(s) is/are plugged in. Likewise my desktop icons sometimes don't display correctly. I only bring all this up because I have a strong hunch they're all related problems.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/468717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice