1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Little help needed whit local domain setup tutorial/how to's. Thank You!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Waffa, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waffa

Waffa Thread Starter

Hello
    Hmmm... i try to look up some good tutorials or how-to's for one person,but i havent found exacly what she needs, maybe ya guys can help? My english is bad & i am not so Pro eighter, that i could give 100% instructions to someone on paper lol.anyway:

Her project:

Greate domain for server/local network; server PC is on XP-pro whit DSL (she have Windows 2000 Pro Server OS to, but she likes XP more becouse it's more user friendly probably, personally i think 2000 is more secure, right?) . All 10 clients are on XP pro also.
    Available hardware: DSL modem, 20 port hub, netgear 4 port router & extra 5 port d-link wireless router).

* Greate password protected user account for 8 stations and assign a static IP.
    * Greate private folder for 8 users in server computer, for backup perposes "user1", "user2", "user3" ...
    * 3 units from 10 are wireless notebooks, what should be able just access the internet white out an login as guest's & as well log in as network user/client, to access backup older in server.Other 2 units should have access ONLY the internet conection
    * Greate one global/shared folder in server where every user can access (exept the 2 units who just need internet conection)
    * Set up every unit to log in to domain on start up whit theyr username/password
    * 5 extra slots whit the IP margin for DHCP to enable guests to access the internet when necessary (wireless notebook or PC)
    * Set up network printer (connected to server) for all users/guests
    * disable all unnessesary shares & services on client computers, secure every client whit extra software firewall (sygate pro i guess) & antivirus (Nod32 admin release i think is good pick)
    ---

I was looking network admin. software from snapfiles com /Shareware/network/swnetworkman.html, is any of them actually whort to buy?

Thank You!

2. blin

blin

3. Waffa

Waffa Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice