1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'little or no connectivity'

Discussion in 'Networking' started by doct2, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doct2

doct2 Thread Starter

I am running a home wireless network with 7 machines on it. One of the PC's now is unable to connect. It was fine up until recently. I have tried repairing connection, rebooting central modem, etc. It still says 'little or no connectivity', but the network is clearly detected and signal strength is reported as excellent. Setting is for windows to configure automatically and the network is clearly listed at the top. No reported problems with the adaptor. Not sure if there is in fact an adaptor problem now. I have attached the basic system information as a txt file

Attached Files:

• sys.txt
      File size:
      477 bytes
      Views:
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

3. doct2

doct2 Thread Starter

I have attached the results from the command screen as a word document. The screen printing from the Xirrus program produced a file that was too large.

Attached Files:

4. doct2

doct2 Thread Starter

I also tried connecting to the router directly using ethernet and it still will not connect. It is getting hung up on 'acquiring IP address'. This makes no sense at all to me as I have 6 other machines operating on the network both cabled and wireless with no problem. This machine was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. No viruses currently (at least none detected so far).

5. doct2

doct2 Thread Starter

Hmmm. I just noticed that DHCP client was not running and when I tried to start it I got error message 1075- "dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion"??? Perhaps this is virus related?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Quite possibly.

7. doct2

doct2 Thread Starter

OK. Should I repost this in the virus section or what would you suggest? Or let's say the machine is clean right now. How do I restore the DHCP service?

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Probably best to post there--be sure to read and follow the instructions in the first sticky thread in the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum.

Please post a confirmation here that you have done so, and people (me) will wait patiently to see how that turns out.

9. doct2

doct2 Thread Starter

Problem reposted in virus section

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice