Live Chat Wednesdays!

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
It's that time again!

Wednesday, July 1:

2PM = Live Game (join the chat for instructions)
3PM = Live Chat
4PM = Computer America

UPDATE: We're skipping a week as I'll be out of town so our next live chat will be on Wednesday, July 1 at 3PM Eastern. (y) (Note that live games will take place roughly 2PM - 3PM this week.)

Some of you have been members here long enough to remember a long, long time ago we used to have periodic live chat rooms here at TSG. I remember spending at least a few New Years Eves in one of those chats. (Wow, what a geek I was... was?)

Anyway, jump forward to modern day and considering the current circumstances, @Cookiegal, @LauraMJ, and I were talking and thought it might be nice to open one up again to allow for some extra socializing while many of us are staying home.

There are no official topics. Just stop by and say hello. Perhaps those at the TSG Cafe can supply some drinks. :LOL: You don't even have to get dressed up -- this is an old-fashioned text-only live chat. No video or audio. (Not this time, at least!)

I'm aiming to open things up around 6PM Eastern (3PM Pacific, 10PM GMT) on Wednesday, March 25. I hope you to see you there! Stay safe, everyone!
Hey TG I'm excited about this although I'm not sure if the CHAT is for gaming or chatting?

I thought that your comment about how things once was with chat room. There is no doubt that marriages ended and other bad things came from our obsession with chat.
That said I've often thought about how quickly CHAT disappeared. How come? Why? Everyone I knew hated the end of chat. It made me thin about a number of other things that was well liked that disappeared because of " a corporate decision " no explanation given.

Is it possible to have a discussion about this, about chat and other things from the no so distant past that just disappeared, In fact there is one chat like feature ( I forget what it was branded as by SKYPE ) But as I recall SKYPE one day announced that this unique program was going to be gone by the end of the month or maybe by the end of the week. They pulled the plug and answered no question except to say : " It might be back " and there was something about the way they said it that made me think THEY LIE!

In any event, if anyone recalls what that SKYPE program was called I'd like a refresher course in the name and what made it different than most chat room. I would also like to see a history book about most things computer and what was happening just before the world changed.

I recall this happening and what was said about it: TYPEWITTERS were quickly being replaced by "WORD PROCESSORS" and much like computers everyone who wanted to be modern and up to date rushed out to BUY a box that does one thing: what WORD or other similar programs do. IN fact there were several major players selling or paying to get them boxed with PC's. I recall Word Perfect by Corell, and Lotus by Lotus

Companies the made and sold a word processing box and were HUGE for a while was WANG and QUAM

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
@isteppenwolf - We have some live games that we play online at 2PM. See the link in the first post of this thread for more information. At 3PM, we're just hanging out in a live (text-based) chat room. Just look for the link at the top of the page at that time. (Eastern time.)

Sorry, Mike, I cannot make it today. I'll miss the games ...
No problem. Hope to see you next week. (y)

@isteppenwolf - We have some live games that we play online at 2PM. See the link in the first post of this thread for more information. At 3PM, we're just hanging out in a live (text-based) chat room. Just look for the link at the top of the page at that time. (Eastern time.)

No problem. Hope to see you next week. (y)
thanks TG, Is there a way to watch the game? I never played online ga,es

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Yes, you can watch it. Just look for the Chat tab at the top of the page around 2pm or so.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
FYI, my last job is running a little late so I might be a little late starting the chat and game.

Gr3iz

Mark
You can easily watch the games. Just go to the YouTube link that Mike will present when he opens the chat ... It's real easy, and fun, to play. They are just word games ...

RT

Missed the games this time, got in on the chat just long enough for some to say "Hello I Must be Going..." :D

RT

Again didn't make it! :(
TWO lengthy power outages in one day...without bad weather, must have been an accident or some maintenance glitch.

There's the Power Co. office ~2 miles away, where I pay my bill, I wonder it they often lose power as much as I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online