Tech Support Guy banner

Live Chat Days!

95K views 2K replies 32 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 · (Edited)
Update: Our next live chat and games will be on WEDNESDAY beginning around 3:00 PM Eastern. (y)

Some of you have been members here long enough to remember a long, long time ago we used to have periodic live chat rooms here at TSG. I remember spending at least a few New Years Eves in one of those chats. (Wow, what a geek I was... was?)

Anyway, jump forward to modern-day and considering the current circumstances, @Cookiegal, @LauraMJ, and I were talking and thought it might be nice to open one up again to allow for some extra socializing while many of us are staying home.

There are no official topics. Just stop by and say hello. Perhaps those at the TSG Cafe can supply some drinks. :LOL: You don't even have to get dressed up -- this is an old-fashioned text-only live chat. No video or audio. (Not this time, at least!)

Here's the Zoom link! Join us around 3 PM Eastern on Wednesdays:

#911 ·
As opposed to a "New York minute" ... ;-)

My daughter has been known to say things like "I haven't seen her in a minute!", and that could mean months, or even years. However, a southern minute is an undefined length of time certain to exceed 60 seconds based on an atomic clock.

I was very surprised that neither Google nor DuckDuckGo had any entries for it!

#914 ·
Glad I wasnt going nuts and thanks for the explanation. I'd never heard of it before and as you know I love learning useless stuff like this.

Which, btw, is why Im gonna win fibbage lol... ;)

#916 ·
The trivia in Fibbage is just so esoteric that you've likely not heard of it, but sometimes you luck out and something just strikes you as possible, then you find out you've just put more points in Mike's bucket ... ;-)

We'll need to introduce you to some of the other games. Some we rarely play because it's just no fun with only 3 and we don't often get more than Allan, Mike and myself playing. Maybe once the time changes again we could get James back. Ean plays sometimes. Others seem to disappear when it comes time to start playing. I don't know why. I think they are fun! A good distraction for the times!

Reactions: TechGuy
#917 ·
I have these almost every night. I never knew they had a name... . 😲
a southern

A southern Is when, after initially falling asleep, one wakes and has an hour or three of productive work before returning to bed to finish their sleep

Remy fell asleep at 9pm, but around 10:30pm he had a Southern-he ran a mile on the treadmill, and went back to bed around midnight after a snack.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a southern

#923 ·
probably too dang competitive. :)

funny thing is I play a lot of Cribbage, vastly different but arguably the most fun 2 people can have clothed.

#925 ·
Planning on being there. The old lady's in the hospital, so it will depend on circumstances ...

#932 ·
Thanks Karen. She's had issues for years and appears to be on the long road to dementia, like her mother before her ... It's exasperating!

#934 ·
I have to, Cookie. I've also got to deal with my daughter and her 4 kids that live with us. It's always something ...

#936 ·
Just got home from the hospital. All the tests seem to be coming back negative.There's some shrinkage/restriction in some of the blood vessels leading to the brain, but they can't find much of anything else. The heart doc wants to sends her home wearing a heart monitor to see if something shows up after her discharge.

She's got a shunt in her head to drain fluid from the brain. She had hydrocephalus several years ago. We will need to see a neurosurgeon to have them check it out, see if the flow is still what it should be, etc.

#938 ·
Me, too. Thanks.

I think I'd rather hear that they found something, instead of nothing! Something may be cured or at least dealt with. Nothing is harder to fix! If that makes any sense ...