Tech Support Guy banner

Live Chat Days!

95K views 2K replies 32 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 · (Edited)
Update: Our next live chat and games will be on WEDNESDAY beginning around 3:00 PM Eastern. (y)

Some of you have been members here long enough to remember a long, long time ago we used to have periodic live chat rooms here at TSG. I remember spending at least a few New Years Eves in one of those chats. (Wow, what a geek I was... was?)

Anyway, jump forward to modern-day and considering the current circumstances, @Cookiegal, @LauraMJ, and I were talking and thought it might be nice to open one up again to allow for some extra socializing while many of us are staying home.

There are no official topics. Just stop by and say hello. Perhaps those at the TSG Cafe can supply some drinks. :LOL: You don't even have to get dressed up -- this is an old-fashioned text-only live chat. No video or audio. (Not this time, at least!)

Here's the Zoom link! Join us around 3 PM Eastern on Wednesdays:

#944 ·
Well, she's come home. They've altered the medication she's to take. Hopefully that will help ...

#957 ·
Either day does, just been too busy recently, like today I got called away for an network issue... that is our network team from main campus came and took out the patch cables so there was no connectivity.... why can't they just shut down the ports on the switch.... lol

#960 ·
We didn't like the floor to ceiling poles that carry power/data to isolated groups of cubicles (away from walls), so we did quite a bit of core drilling to go below. Even after that, though, we still employed core drilling, rather than going with the poles ...

#962 ·
Looking forward to it!

I hope you two had a good time and had a chance to explore the area a bit! I used to live just north of there in southern NH. I hated Boston proper, but love New England! Especially this time of the year!

#963 ·
I've been to Boston too. I drove down with my Mom on my way to my cousin's place in Hartford, Connecticut. We did a planned stopover for one night because I really wanted to see Boston. There are so many historic sites there that I enjoyed. History is the main thing I seek out when visiting a new place and Boston sure doesn't disappoint. :)

#965 ·
Sorry that I had to leave suddenly today. My eldest will be changing schools after the Thanksgiving break and has some mixed feelings about it. He was having some emotions after school today. I'm sure everything will be great a week or so in, but he's not a fan of change and isn't looking forward to it. Anyway, thanks for your understanding!

Be sure to put next Tuesday at 2 PM Eastern on your calendar for the next chat. 👍

#966 ·
No problem, chief!

My son was a handful! I spent more time in the principal's office because of him than when I was in school! Being a single parent didn't help. I always blamed his mother. He didn't really know her. He saw her last when he was about 2. The next time he saw her was when he was about 35! Most kids of single parents, especially back then, lived with their mothers. I think he always felt somehow left out. He had emotional problems starting in preschool ...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: TechGuy
#968 ·
Thank you both! :)

He's never liked any kind of change -- even getting rid of Delaney's old crib when she moved up to a "big girl's bed" was an issue for him. However, after a few days, I really think he's going to enjoy this new school much more than the old. 😁

#972 ·
Lol....no, just holiday season. As I'm the single guy and live alone I usually volunteer for the holiday weeks so the work sched gets weird. Should be on tomorrow. Hope to be at least.

Reactions: TechGuy