Tech Support Guy banner

Live Chat Days!

95K views 2K replies 32 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 · (Edited)
Update: Our next live chat and games will be on WEDNESDAY beginning around 3:00 PM Eastern. (y)

Some of you have been members here long enough to remember a long, long time ago we used to have periodic live chat rooms here at TSG. I remember spending at least a few New Years Eves in one of those chats. (Wow, what a geek I was... was?)

Anyway, jump forward to modern-day and considering the current circumstances, @Cookiegal, @LauraMJ, and I were talking and thought it might be nice to open one up again to allow for some extra socializing while many of us are staying home.

There are no official topics. Just stop by and say hello. Perhaps those at the TSG Cafe can supply some drinks. :LOL: You don't even have to get dressed up -- this is an old-fashioned text-only live chat. No video or audio. (Not this time, at least!)

Here's the Zoom link! Join us around 3 PM Eastern on Wednesdays:

#1,113 ·
@Cheeky3 yes it's 7pm UK time tomorrow (Tuesday 8th March).

Unfortunately I will have to leave the chat after about 30 mins tomorrow, a friend is coming over to collect a Thinkpad that needed a Windows 'Startup Repair'.
Then at 8pm LFC are playing Milan in the 2nd leg of the European Champions knockout stage, we won 2-0 in Milan so we should be ok (they add the goals scored in the 1st and 2nd games together, if level they play 30 mins 'extra time' and if still level it's a penalty shootout !).

#1,114 ·
Unacceptable, Allan! They need to adjust their schedule with your needs in mind!

@valis - Tim, you and Tony need to make an extra effort to be there! ;-)

#1,121 ·
And we had an assortment of visitors today! Too bad nobody stuck around very long. Please come again, those who did! And convince a friend to visit!

Reactions: valis
#1,124 ·
I should be there next week. :)

LFC lost tonight 1-0 but got through anyway because they won 2-0 in the 1st game !
Several 2nd games to be played the rest of this week, could end up with 4 English teams in the last 8.

#1,125 ·
I shall try next week but man its been cuckoo at work. Good news is Im getting noticed by some mucky mucks...bad news is obv more work and responsibility...so we shall see.

Reactions: Gr3iz
#1,128 ·
Maybe in the future but work is rough now. Reason I got this responsibility is 7 high level people said to heck witj this and quit over the past year. The work load is, to say the least, insane.

Enough though. I just wanted to say I may be sporadic (as may Tony) next month or so....

#1,137 ·
Yeah some genius decided to run a telephony migration at the same time as the 1912 Citrix migration...then some other idiot decided to toss on a domain migration on top...no shock a lot of top level people walked...i mean, yeah, job security but man tjis aint fun.

#1,147 ·
Mike (Techguy, the owner of the site) has several of the JackboxTV Party Packs and we usually play a handful of games in those. Some of us are on video, others are a bit shy (@valis ). ;-) It's usually a motley crew. Some of us are older than dirt, but then Mike brings the average age down ... ;-)

#1,149 ·
Well, you certainly do not come across as shy, but you've seen us. There's no shame left ... ;-)

#1,166 ·
The more, the merrier! We typically do a text-based chat for about an hour first, then games for another hour. Often Mike will need to run off by then to help with the kids, but Allan and I sometimes stay for a bit and chat.

Reactions: managed