1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Live mail in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pixpuf, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pixpuf

pixpuf Thread Starter

I have used Windows Live Mail since I started using Windows 7 and have never had a problem sending a link with it. Now all of a sudden the send a page and send a link directives are greyed out and no longer work. Live mail is set as my default email source. How can I change this back to what it was so I can use it?

2. golddust

golddust

Are you sure Rich Text wasn't accidentally changed to HTML? That turns off a number of features.

3. pixpuf

pixpuf Thread Starter

No I don't know if this was changed nor do I know how to change it back or check to see if it's changed.

4. golddust

golddust

This image of a new email message in Live Mail has the 'button' you may have inadvertantly clicked on and changed the value of.

Attached Files:

5. pixpuf

pixpuf Thread Starter

No that wasn't changed and I still can't forwar any web pages using live mail. I have reinstalled it and tried everything.

6. 322buick

322buick

Hello,
    Today I tripped across a fix for this greyed out "email link" issue when using Windows live Mail [mine is 2011]. I just installed WLM 2011 in both mine and my wife's desktops. Both were doing the same thing and I was going crazy for several days over this. I got out my old Office 2003 disc and was going to try using Outlook as my default mail handler instead. My wife's already had Office 2003 installed without Outlook. So I just used the disc and installed the Outlook portion. I was getting ready to install my email program but for whatever reason, I tried my browser IE10 to recheck for the "email link" issue. It was fixed!! The buttons are active now; both from the 'file' tab and the 'page' button. So, I quick ran downstairs and installed the whole 2003 Office program in mine. Mine was a freshly installed HHD. It instantly fixed the issue on mine too. It is directly link to the "Office Outlook" program. Maybe WLM borrows whatever it needs from Outlook to complete the task. I don't know. Similar to, years ago, Spell Check being borrowed from or for Outlook Express and another program? [or vice versa].
    At any rate, I'm again a happy camper!
    T'care,
    Mike

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090390

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice