1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

live mail servers

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by handy man, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. handy man

handy man Thread Starter

No matter what server addresses or server port numbers i put in the properties control window or try to send live mail I get a message saying that the server cannot be found or a connection could not be made.

I know the easy thing to do would be not to use live mail but this has become a challenge and I was wondering if I need to download a server from the web for the live mail or is there a way to find these servers in the computer to connect to?
    handy man

2. Rockn

Rockn

Handyman this makes no sense at all.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'll take a guess--you are trying to set up a mail account in the email client "Windows Live Mail." If so, the POP or IMAP and SMTP servers will depend on what account you have. Who is your email provider?

4. handy man

handy man Thread Starter

TerryNet
    My email provider at&t yahoo and I am not able to select the correct server address in the live mail account and when I try to send mail even within my own pc to my wife's mail accout the error notice tells me that it can not find the servers needed to send the mail. Thanks for your response!!!
    handy man

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know if this information is still valid or if I just failed miserably to find more timely info. Does it match what AT&T sent you?

I don't understand what you mean by "not able to select the correct server address."

6. handy man

handy man Thread Starter

TerryNet
    When I open my live mail I right click on the name of the account then click on the properties tab and then on the server tab and it gives you boxes to type in the pop3 incoming server address and below that it gives you a box to type in the smtp outgoing server. I have tryed a number of differant address but when I try to send the mail it continualy gives me a message that it could not find or connect to the server needed to send or recieve mail.
    handy man

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice