1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Livecycle Designer ES8.2 Start-up Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Chill4u, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chill4u

Chill4u Thread Starter

I have a Windows XP operating system, and the Adobe Creative Suite CS4. The Livecycle program will no longer open, regardless of how I try to open it. It is giving me a Microsoft error. 'This program has encountered an error. We are shutting it down. So sorry. Contact your IT or Microsoft.....' Neither Adobe or Microsoft will offer assistance and to be honest I could find nothing in their forums to address the problem.

I do not have enough computer knowledge to know if removing the Adobe software and reinstalling will solve my problem or if there is another way. I would really like the removal and reinstallation to be my last resort.

I have enough computer knowledge to be dangerous, so to speak.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Not familiar with Livecycle program is that a free program?

and if this is a recent problem you can check to see if you have a System Restore date to before you had the problem.

Restore PC to an Earlier Date & Time

Go Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System Restore

• Click in the radio button Choose a different restore point
    • Click Next
    • put a tick in Show more restore points
    • Pick a Date before this happened
    • Click Next
    This should restore the PC to that time & date

3. Chill4u

Chill4u Thread Starter

I believe LiveCycle was just part of the Creative Suite Programs. It allows me to create interactive PDF forms and retrieve html data from the completed forms for further processing.

If I do a system restore - was are the potential problems. Lost work? i.e. illustrator and indesign work completed?

(Thank you for the help)

4. Megabite

Megabite

No your files will still be there however any updates or programs you installed after the date will not be there.

And if it is a free program you can try Uninstalling and re installing the program.

5. Chill4u

Chill4u Thread Starter

Okay - Restore first - Reinstall if that doesn't work. Here goes nothing.

6. Megabite

Megabite

OK let us know the outcome.

7. Chill4u

Chill4u Thread Starter

System Restore did not solve my problems. I am in the process of reinstalling the software.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059918