Loading 2nd CDROM drive support in DOS?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JamieWamey

Hello Everyone

Please could someone help me sort out my computer... Im running Windows ME but it wont run past the initial boot image, after that it just comes up with a blue screen saying that the system has halted.

When I load up the computer, it automatically comes up with the screen where you can select to load WinME in safe mode, but when i do this, it just restarts my pc everytime.

I managed to get a WINME bootdisk and start up the computer with CDROM support, but heres the problem - it only has CDROM support for one of my CDROMS (out of my 2) but this CDROM doesnt work (i broke it accidentally with a kitchen knife).

Basically, is there a way to get my second CDROM working in DOS so that I can reload WinME?

Thankyou for any help you can give me

Jamie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online