1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loading 2nd CDROM drive support in DOS?

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by JamieWamey, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieWamey

JamieWamey Thread Starter

Hello Everyone

Please could someone help me sort out my computer... Im running Windows ME but it wont run past the initial boot image, after that it just comes up with a blue screen saying that the system has halted.

When I load up the computer, it automatically comes up with the screen where you can select to load WinME in safe mode, but when i do this, it just restarts my pc everytime.

I managed to get a WINME bootdisk and start up the computer with CDROM support, but heres the problem - it only has CDROM support for one of my CDROMS (out of my 2) but this CDROM doesnt work (i broke it accidentally with a kitchen knife).

Basically, is there a way to get my second CDROM working in DOS so that I can reload WinME?

Thankyou for any help you can give me

Jamie

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!