1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loading network on startup

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by R. Lynn, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. R. Lynn

R. Lynn Thread Starter

When I bootup the network logon screen comes on sometimes and not other times. If it does not come on I can not get on the internet. What can I do to make it consistent?
    OS ME
    Motherboard K7S5A
    CPU ATHLON 2400+
    HOOKED TO INTERNET VIA DSL AND D-LINK DL 604.

The problem has started since I formated and reinstalled ME.

2. RealityBytes

RealityBytes

If you don't share files or printers across a LAN network you could try changing your logon to a standard windows logon. Right click on My Network Places and choose properties. Where it says primary network logon change it to windows logon. Reboot and see if this solves your problem

3. R. Lynn

R. Lynn Thread Starter

I am trying to be able to share printers on a network. But even before that the nework logon screen only came on sometimes.

4. R. Lynn

R. Lynn Thread Starter

I tried to set a new interent connection. I used the LAN connection. My system trys to detect proxy settings. the system is not hung up but it makes no progress in detecting proxy settings

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice