1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loading Older Dell OS To Newer Dell Computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bigal2, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigal2

bigal2 Thread Starter

Was given a Dell Optiplex 360 that I found out after getting a nasty virus had a bootleg XP OS
    I also did not have any disks with it. I had older disks for a Dell 4600 that I used to wipeout the hard drive and install the new OS. Everything works fine except that I can not load any of the drivers from the second disk, (it was a 3 disk series)
    thus at least at this point not able to connect with my cable internet. Cable people told me I needed the drivers.Any suggestions or can it just not be done.
    Thanks, Al

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

You will have to go to the dell website look under support and then drivers and downloads for your model of computer.If you use the service tag number on the computer it will make sure you get the correct ones you need. For future reference so you wont have this hassle again burn all of the drivers to a cd so you will be all set the next time.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

The Dell OptiPlex 360 desktop supposedly has

Intel G31 Express Chipset

Intel G31/G33/Q33/Q35 - or - NVIDIA GeForce 9300GE - or - ATI Radeon HD2400/3450 Graphics

Analog Devices ADI 198x High Definition Audio

Broadcom BCM57xx Gigabyte Ethernet

but the identity of its devices need to be confirmed so the correct drivers can be obtained.

------------------------------------------------------------

What's currently listed in the Device Manager that has a ? or ! next to them?

------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!