1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

loading software problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by warlock1946, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. warlock1946

warlock1946 Thread Starter

i am trying to download a program ,i download it but when i try to open it i keep getting ( not recognized by windows media player ) i am told that my computer associated the software with media player , remove this and it should work ,how do i do this please , from george

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi George and welcome to TSG.

Please post a link to the program and/or tell us what file extension it has (the part after the . in the filename).

3. warlock1946

the program is SCAN125 by nick bailey as for file extensions dont know what you are on about , from warlock

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  5. TOGG

TOGG

Don't want to butt in here but I checked the site for warlock1946's program: https://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/ and it seems that it can come in .zip or .exe format. It is less than 2MB and is not intended to install in the normal sense but is meant to be used as a 'portable' app.

There are instructions on the website but it's all too complicated for me! If warlocks file association settings were adjusted things might be clearer but I'm not competent to advise about that. I got so fed up with WMP trying to muscle in on various downloads that I removed as much of it as possible and made VLC Media Player my default.

6. warlock1946

i will have to wait for mr nick dailey to come back from his holidays end of june , thanks anyway you tried , from George

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you see my post #4 ?

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I read this

and also this
    I assume NET V .35 is a typo and he means NET version 4.5.

So, a) have you downloaded the necessary Uniden driver and b) does the computer have at least NET 4.5?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice