1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

loads of crashes in vista 64 gaming.

Discussion in 'Games' started by dtroyer18, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dtroyer18

dtroyer18 Thread Starter

no matter what game i play within a period of time it will fully lock up. and then memory dump forcing reboot.

i will try and get the blue screen writing down. its not up there a long time. and im a slow writer. :p

what ive tried:
    1.messing around with paging file.
    2.tryed gaming with and without ati catalist.
    3. tried gaming with just display driver.
    4. tryed updating all hardware.
    5. tryed fully updating vista.

games i have played:
    cod4
    crysis
    wow
    assasins creed
    mass effect

computer specs:
    ram: 8gb of gskill 800 speed
    graphics card: ati hd3870 oc edition
    powersupply: 750 watt powersupply
    motherboard: BIOSTAR NF520-A2 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 520 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
    cpu: amd athlon 64 x2 duel core processor 6400+

Attached Files:

2. zom510

zom510

games used to crash on my pc all the time, and sometimes just in XP, in my case it turns out it was this wireless internet application that was installed with my wireless internet reciever. i don't really have any clue why maybe some driver incompatibility? but i had no idea what was crashing (and getting memory dumb blue screen) my computer so i reformatted it and kept using it until it started crashing so i know the last thing i installed was making it crash. I removed the wireless internet thing and now i have wired internet and it's working great.

so maybe you should do the same thing if you really can't find the problem

3. dtroyer18

dtroyer18 Thread Starter

that may be. i could check recovery. it shows everything installed and when. and i can just check to see what non gaming applicaion was last installed. and remove it to see if it fixes the problem.

thanks for the idea. i will try it in a few. :)

4. dtroyer18

dtroyer18 Thread Starter

i checked. so i tried closing ventrillo,digby,xfire. then set my settings to max on cod4. and it started working without crashes. im going to look up to see if i can find out why these cause crashes. ail post update if i find out anything. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is still crashing evin tho those are closed. for somereason those 2 matches it didnt crash on. i did find some rumors of it being the powerplay on the card. i am looking into this now.

5. ZeWildStar

ZeWildStar

I have a question, what sound card are you using? And did you go to your systems and disable the ATI HD sound via sound card? That has been known to give a lot of people problems including myself.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/723126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice