1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Local Area Connection 5 Status

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Marty Lewis, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty Lewis

Marty Lewis Thread Starter

I have been referred to MSN as a source of help for this problem. Although I am an AOL subscriber, I access MSN Messenger, and the MSN Gaming Zone daily. My PC uses Windows XP, and for the past few days I have have been booted from both MSN areas, after a short time of usage. Then I am also booted from AOL. Upon sign on, a warning comes up saying that I have limited or no connectivity to my local area connection. I was told by AOL NOT to disable this, as it may also disable my connection to AOL.

Can anyone tell me what to do, and how to "fix" this? I am not a computer genius by any stretch..only intermediate ability..but this is driving me up a wall. I haven't seen anyone else having this problem. I also recently uninstalled a Spyware program that I had installed . Could this have mucked up my MSN abilities? Anxiously awaiting some suggestions. Thank you

2. heroine

heroine

this is a common problem with windows xp OS upgraded to sp2. to fix this, just go to control panel > network connections > right click on LAN5 > select properties > on the general tab, uncheck the box that says notify me if limited or no connectivity and that should do the trick! :) :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice