1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Local Area Connection does not have valid IP Configuration

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rmkkep, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmkkep

rmkkep Thread Starter

So I fired up my old desktop today. It runs on Windows 7.

I plugged in an Ethernet cable to the computer but I couldn't connect to the internet. Troubleshooting states that "Local Area Connection does not have valid IP Configuration". I have tried restarting my computer, turning the router on and off etc. but still failed to connect to the internet.

I tried updating Windows in the meantime but it says "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer". Restarted my computer but still couldn't update, does the update require internet access?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Yes

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, Set up a New Connection or Network
    Connect to the Internet should be highlighted. Click Next.

What happens?

4. Sherrylynn64

Sherrylynn64

Yes it does

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice