1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Local Area Connection problem.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sadpuppy, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sadpuppy

sadpuppy Thread Starter

Hello, everyone. I need some advice on how to get my local area connection work. I have a HP Compaq Presario 2100 laptop, model # 2104US. I am currently experienced some problem with my laptop (suspected some virus). Any way, I think I got rid of it and reinstalled all of my software and hard drive back. The weird thing is I got the wireless network connection going (it's picking up the DSL signal) but the the Local Area Connection is flashing this message: " A net work cable is unplugged". I am a computer Illiterate so I have no idea how to make it works again. I have no problem of getting connection before but as soon as I reinstall my computer I coulnt get any connectivity. My sister laptop is working fine so I dont think anything wrong with the DSL service at home. I also checked the main computer at home (also HP) and noticed one software that I lost is the 1394 net adapter. So far I have the wireless network connection picking up the DSL signal from the router at home, but not the local area connection. I really help please. I really this laptop working again before my school start. Any one?? Please help me!!!!

2. srhoades

srhoades

Well, if you can connect wireleslly then you don't need to local area connection which is the ethernet port on your laptop. If it bothers you, just disable the ethernet controller in device manager.

3. sadpuppy

sadpuppy Thread Starter

I did that but still not able to get connect. I also got some help from the help and support online and got a software install in b/c they think its might be a LAN problem. I installed that software and disable the local area connection but still not able to get online. Any other suggestion???

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/625917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice