1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Local area connection takes long to load

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ciscogigabyte, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciscogigabyte

ciscogigabyte Thread Starter

I have a Laptop that has windows Vista home premium, it was working fine before I left for a couple of week for Christmas holiday, but when I came back in the office, I tried to start it, but after starting, the local area connection for my Internet takes long to show up or to be ready for use, it takes more than 5 minutes to be ready. It shows a red x on it Until 5minutes passes, then it will connect itself. When I check the cable from the laptop to the switch it is all connected well. I had no such problem before I left for
    Christmas holidays. What might be the problem? And how can it be solved? Help me please!
    I use an Ethernet network type, with a network cable which connects the laptop to the switch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice