1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Local Area Network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Cameronfost, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cameronfost

Cameronfost Thread Starter

I recently had to re-install Windows XP (SP2) on my Dell 5150 Laptop. I have not been able to get my internet connection to work since the re-install. I have plugged the cable into my network card in the computer and the light that comes on is orange and not green. I know the cable and internet connection work fine because I use that same connection/cable on my desktop computer with no problems. I recently used this same port on my laptop not more than a week ago with no glitches. I have gone to Network Connections in the control panel and there is no Local Area Connection icon being displayed. There is a 1394 Connection and a Wireless Network Connection icon displayed but no LAN connection. I do not have a wireless Network connection so I am unable to use that. Please let me know what you think about why I do not have a LAN connection.

Thanks!

2. allheart55

allheart55

3. Cameronfost

Cameronfost Thread Starter

That was the problem. Thanks, it's fixed now!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice