1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Local Network

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by George Hayes, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. George Hayes

George Hayes Thread Starter

I have installed a router and have Two computers working on line right now I believe I have created a Network(HayesGroup) between the two computers,the problem is I have no idea how to log on to this Network or what a Network adapter is.The two computers show when I click on View all computers in this work group,but when I click on My wifes it says its unavailable thatI might not have permission to go there??allso"the network path was not found?????I have used the Network wizzard on both computers and it says its installed,How do I get to it??Does it show up like a Program or website in the Computer? How do I install a Network adator if I dont have one?

2. Sid9678

Sid9678

First what Operating System are you running? Anyway you have to get into your Network neighborhood Properties. You can do this by right clicking on My Network Places and selecting Properties. Now right click on Local Area Connection and select Properties. Now in the Local Area Network Properties there should be File and Print Sharing, Client for Microsoft Networks, Internet protocol (TCP/IP). If it's windows 98 you'll see the above plus the Network Adapter card. If you need to install any of the above just click on the Add or Install button.

3. George Hayes

4. Sid9678

Sid9678

WHat Operating System are you running?

5. George Hayes

Running XP,I have gone thrugh setting this thing many times I find my Network listed(HayesGroup) shows both of the computers attached,but ComputerTwo cant be opened,On the other computer(Comp2)The only Computer showing is Comp 2,Comp one never shows on this computer,Both Comps are sharing the Internet Connection fine but thet cant communicate with eachother

6. Sid9678

Sid9678

When you open up Network Neighborhood and double click on either Computers near me or Entire Network what do you see? Can you see both computer in there?

7. Sid9678

Sid9678

If from computer 1 you can see computer 2 and from computer 2 you cannot see computer 1 then you do not have computer 2 settings set up right. From either computer you should be able to see both computer.

8. George Hayes

Any suggestions,the listing shows My network Places,Entire Network,microsoft windows Network,HayesGroup,Computer 2(With no little square box)Computer 1(with little square box with a X in it)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/257350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice