1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Local security policy error and missing tabs on properties

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by namElEz, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namElEz

namElEz Thread Starter

I noticed that i'm missing nearly all tabs on properties, only general and summary tabs are visible. So at least security and compatibility tabs are missing and i need them. I noticed that when i go to Local security policy settings on Control panel>Administrative tools i get this error:[​IMG] and i think these problems are connected. So i need to fix that error and get the properties window working right again. Im administrator and running XP pro SP2.

2. bingo24

bingo24

You can restore missing tabs on properties go to Start>Run, type regedit. In the Registry Editor go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    you should have a DWORD key "NoDispSettingsPage" change the value to "0".
    If you don't see "NoDispSettingsPage" create the key give it a value of "1" then go back and change the value to "0".

**ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES**

If you're not comfortable messing with the registry wait for someone else with another suggestion. Good Luck!!!

3. namElEz

namElEz Thread Starter

I didnt even have System key there,but i created it and did what you say, do i need to restart for it to apply? it didnt work immediately at least.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/478925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice