1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Localdisk(c) got low memory

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mizzemaz, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mizzemaz

mizzemaz Thread Starter

i need help as my localdisk(c) is saying it has low memory. i havent got many programs on the computer and only have approx 30 songs saved on this computer but no pictures. how can i get more space on this disk drive.

2. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    Low memory doesn't usually mean you are out of disk space. To find out, double click My Computer, right click C: and click on properties. That will show how much disk space is left. Post that back here.
    What I'm more interested in is how much RAM you have. To find out, right click on My Computer, then click on properties. At the bottom of the list will show your RAM.
    How old is your computer? When does the low memory message appear (what are you doing at the time?).
    You can try the following and see if it stops the message:
    Click Start, then open the Control Panel.
    Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Under Performance, click Settings.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Under Virtual memory, click Change.
    Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file (virtual memory) settings that you want to change. In almost every case, this will be your C: drive.
    Click to select the "System managed size" option, then click Set.
    Click OK three times and restart your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice