localhost login

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Christofur

I need some help here I'm a noob at Linux.

when i install Linux it asked me to set a root password i did.

when it was done installing and said to reboot it is asking for a localhost login and i don't know what that is. i don't remember setting a login either .
can some one help me with this..

Christofur May

Hi Christofur,

Since localhost is a reference to your computer (it may not have a node name due to your installation), try to login to the root account, assuming you have been presented with a login prompt such as (Username, Password):
Username: root
Password: ********

Use the root password you set.

-- Tom

Depending on the type of distro some only give you access to the graphic desktop after you have log in and type
Code:
startx
Distros from the Slackware and Slax families like it this way.

Also, if you already have a desktop manager installed (like GNOME, KDE, Enlightenment, whatever) you can try Ctrl + Alt + F7

What distro do you have?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online