1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

locating memeory sockets and installing additional memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joanndk, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joanndk

joanndk Thread Starter

I have a HP Pavilion 4450 and would like to install additional memory. I have followed the directions in the manual & on the web page, but I am at a loss as to where exactly the memory sockets are. The manual tells me to keep removing panels, but as I am not sure as to what I am looking for I am not sure about what to do. Can anyone tell me (a technological novice) where I can get a clear picture of what I need to do.
    Much thanks in advance!!!

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

hi, Some of the best memory available comes from this supplier- go to this page first, for installation directions and guide. Look under RAM category, DIMM modules.

http://www.crucial.com/support/install.asp

Then, go here to order it. Find HP in the most common system manufacturers list on the left, then follow through with your computer model, Pavilion 4450, to see what amount and the type and price of chips you should get.

http://www.crucial.com/index.asp

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

O.K. the memory sockets or slots are usually long black slots with two white tabs on either side. Here's a diagram of a mother board, the mem. sockets are on the right hand lower corner, three, black with white tabsclick here your computer may have two, three, four all depends. They may also be a different color.

ok now, to replace them. Make sure the memory sticks you bought are the same kind like DDR SDRAM or SDRAM your mother board will specify or you can go to crucial.com and they can help you. Now that you got all that, simply unclip the two tabs on either side of the stick and pop it out. The new stick will only go in one way, but pay attention to how the old one came out. Next push the new one in until the clips lock by themselves, might take some effort. that should help you if not I'm sure someone else will correct me. goodluck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice