1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Location of computer is wrong

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by iksnyrk, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iksnyrk

iksnyrk Thread Starter

Hi,

Recently my computer is being recognized as coming from the UK. I am wondering if this means that my computer's security is compromised. It sucks because google.co.uk shows up every time I go to google.com. I also can't watch anything on fox on demand because it says "You must be located in the United States to watch Fox On Demand". Can anyone help me?

My XP computer location settings are all set to the United States.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Google suggests you are not alone.

The location will be determined on your IP address, if they have not updated correctly, or have not updated for newly released "blocks of new IP addresses" then it will not be recognised.

If you do not use a proxy, you live in the US, then the problem is theirs and not yours.

3. iksnyrk

iksnyrk Thread Starter

The weird thing is that it doesn't just happen for google. When i try to watch videos on Fox on Demand it tells me that I am not located in the United States and I can't watch any videos.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/547016