1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Location of rules for outlook 2016 (part of MS Office 2016

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ram4, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ram4

Ram4 Thread Starter

According to all sources that I could find on-line, it appears that rules are part of pst file.

However, this does not happening in my case.

I use outlook 2016 (part of MS office 2016) and have several accounts linked with this – From my ISP (POP), Hotmail, yahoo, Gmail. I have rules only for account from my ISP.

Recently I deleted my Hotmail account, removed it from my outlook, deleted associated ost file. Then I had second thought and re-activated this hotmal account the following day. Added this to my outlook. To my surprise all rules vanished. Not a single rule remained. I did NOT have any rules setup for Hotmail account. Even column details for message folders (part of setting) got changed.

I decided to check further. Copied my pst files to another computer which had same version of outlook installed and has exactly the same setup.

Now I added some rules on my 1st computer. Checked the 2nd computer. The same rule appeared there. That means pst file does not contain rules.

So, Where are they?

Hope someone can help me. I am lost!!

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!