Location Services

lschul

I am trying to verify my location with FanDuel through my home computer. They need to verify what state I am physically located in. How do I enable my computer to do that? I did a search but it appears I don't have anything enabled. Thanks for any help.

Couriant

James
1. Open the Start menu.
2. In the Search box, enter “sensor” (without quotes)
3. In the Control Panel list, select "Enable location and other sensors"
4. A list of installed sensors will be given.
5. Enable or disable them as preferred by using the checkbox next to a sensor.
6. Click “Apply”

Note, if your state has a ban on online gambling, then you will not be able to play any pay-to-win type games, you will be stuck with the free games.

lschul

1. Open the Start menu.
2. In the Search box, enter “sensor” (without quotes)
3. In the Control Panel list, select "Enable location and other sensors"
4. A list of installed sensors will be given.
5. Enable or disable them as preferred by using the checkbox next to a sensor.
6. Click “Apply”

Note, if your state has a ban on online gambling, then you will not be able to play any pay-to-win type games, you will be stuck with the free games.
I did that and there is nothing listed. That's where I was earlier and what prompted the question, I have no choices in there. Is there any way to get it? I am in a state where this is permitted, that's why I want to get the location services enabled. Thanks!

Couriant

James
Hmm, so step three you don't have the option to enable? or you can enable it but nothing shows up?

I wonder if it's hardware based... I thought they used your IP as the location. What computer do you have?

lschul

Hmm, so step three you don't have the option to enable? or you can enable it but nothing shows up?

I wonder if it's hardware based... I thought they used your IP as the location. What computer do you have?
Yeah, so no choices to even pick. I have an HP, it is older but thought it would allow my location through the computer. My phone works fine but just kind of interested to see if I can make this work.

Couriant

James
I am guessing that your computer may not have the hardware to enable location services. It seems that newer machines do. What HP machine and serial number do you have?

lschul

I am guessing that your computer may not have the hardware to enable location services. It seems that newer machines do. What HP machine and serial number do you have?
I think you are correct, it is an older machine for sure. Probably 10 years or so. I can use my phone. Thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online