Location services

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jbt181215

Hi all, I'm new here! I continue to run into roadblocks when asking for help, so i figured i would try this.
I purchased a refurb HP Z240 SFF (specs below) and i'm having issues with my location services. I need them turned on due to personal reasons, (they have been turned on since purchase "supposedly" I turned them on myself) so i know a tiny bit about settings and things of that nature. I am connected via a CAT6 cable directly from my modem into the back of the desktop. When I attempt to use my location services on this desktop, my location cannot be found. I have my location specifically typed in and synced to the location. Can someone PPLLEEAASSEE help me with this!!! Its been almost a month of dealing with this and the refurb store that I purchased it from continuously tells me they cannot help, or they send me a link to a knowledge article which means absolutely nothing to mean because I am not an expert in computers

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20210428185321.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 464 GB (415 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 802E, s/n PESRK0KCY600Y0
System: HP, ver HPQOEM - 0, s/n 2UA71127K1
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Presuming by typed in, you mean you have set your default location, is it shown as set
see my screenshot
Untitled1.png
Please also see
(1) Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

I suspect from this
When I attempt to use my location services on this desktop, my location cannot be found
That either one of the required settings is not made OR possibly you have some third party software - of the system manage type, that is preventing location being used.

Also remember please that without GPS as you would have on a smart phone or tablet your location for the device will except for the set default location - never be reliable as it is taken from which ever IP providers server you happen to be using at the time
For instance at this present time I am shown in Liverpool and not too long ago I was shown in North Lancashire

If you use a Microsoft account your location is stored in the Cloud.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Further to the above, as my colleague has said, what does google maps show, but also what does microsoft maps show
maps.png

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online