Lock certain fields in MS Word form?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boesler

Okay, I thought I had this figured out yesterday, but I guess I didn't. I was using continuous section breaks in the form to try and solve the problem. The only problem with this method, though, is that Word seems to only allow one break per line, which means the most precise I could get this way was to place a break at the beginning of the line I want to leave editable and then another break at the beginning of the following line. This won't work for me because it will still allow someone to use the enter key to create a new line in the editable part of the form, thus pushing everything below it down and changing the layout of the form. So, is there a way to get more precise when it comes to locking areas of the document around certain fields? Sorry if my post is a little confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First Name
Jim
Could you e-mail me the form so I can take a look at it please? Have you locked the form as well so the user cannot edit it?

While Jim can probably fix this faster than I can ask, still, I think you can lock via View, Toolbars, Forms and this toolbar should have a lock option on it. But you can't edit whatever is locked, as far as I know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online