1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lock Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by CuttingCrew, Dec 5, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew Thread Starter

Until a few days ago, I had a problem where Windows had not been updating. This has now been fixed but before the update problem, when powered on my PC went straight to showing the Desktop with all my icons visible. Now, when powered on, the first screen that comes on is one of Microsoft's photos, which I think is called the Lock Screen. Is there anyway I can get the start up procedure to be as it was before, go straight to the Desktop screen?

I've tried different ways that are shown on Google but none of them seem to work. Any help or advice would be most welcome.

2. Sponsor

3. dckeks

dckeks

Are you wanting for it to log you in automatically and display the desktop?

CuttingCrew likes this.
  4. CuttingCrew

It logs me in automatically now. It's just that the Microsoft photos come up before the Desktop does, which it didn't do before the update.

5. dckeks

dckeks

You can turn them off or change under the personalized settings

6. CuttingCrew

Thanks for the reply. When I turn off the Lock Screen photos in Personalization, I then just get a blue screen instead of the photos. Before I always had the four small blue Windows blocks and then straight into the Desktop.

Now I get the four small Windows blocks, then a photo or blue screen if I turn it off and then the Desktop.

7. dckeks

dckeks

This is the how it works now with the latest Windows version, I am not familiar with any workarounds. Are you just not wanting the lock screen to show at all?

8. CuttingCrew

Yes, I wasn't wanting the lock screen to show at all. Unfortunately if that's the way the update does, I'll have to get used to it I guess. Thanks for all the help and time.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200643