1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lock Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crylynx, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

I'm running a P4 2.53 processor on a Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra
    with a 3oo watt power supply - 3 case fans & a TI 4200 Graphic card - 512 mb of 333 DDR Ram.
    I have unsuspected lock up while playing movies { DVD player is a Sony DDU 1621 * I'm using Power DVD sotware } , my VCORE is
    running at 1.49 - the 3.3 volt is at 3.26 - the 12 volt is at 11.84 -
    DDR is at 2.5 & the AGP is at 1.49.
    Durring movie play the cpu is at 44 degrees C. And the chasis temp rises from 37 to 44 degrees C.

Does anyone think it could be my power supply or the rise in temperature?? If anyone could help me out by giving me your input on this I would appreciate it greatly ;)

** Crylynx **

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

my vote is your powersupply.

you need AT LEAST a 350W powersupply for your configuration.

I personally would go to 400W.

temp in low to mid 40s really isn't all that high.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice