1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lock-up

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hightide, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hightide

hightide Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba M20 running XP Prefessional. I have two problems. First when I am researching something on the internet, I follow several links and open and close them as I proceed. Some of the links have a fair share of graphics. Finally, I reach a point where it will no longer open any links and the only way I can continue is to reboot. At that point I have lost the trail I was following. I have run a scan and it tells me that there is plenty of RAM available. And another scan tells me that there is no problem with hard drive.

Problem Number two. The computer used to show available wireless networks. Now the only way I can even access my home wifi network as to use the external USB antenna provided by Bellsouth. The old guy only has two USB ports so I have to use a USB hub to connect my wireless mouse, flash drive, and 2Wire transever. I have two other laptops that work fine on the wireless network, but I like this old guy the best because if it is damaged or lost while on business trips, I'm not out that much money.

Thanks for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice