Lock ups

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

queensteffie

Hello.

I have an HP Pavilion 8750 C, 30 gigs, with 128 MBs RAM.

I've had a problem with lock ups since day one (approx 3 years ago).

I've tried re-installing Windows 98, installing Windows XP, adding RAM...and
nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing the lock ups and how to fix them
would be greatly appreciated.

SF

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The support site for your HP Pavilion 8750 is here. If you haven't used it before, you should bookmark it and make use of it.

There are numerous reasons for lockups. What are you doing with your computer when it locks up, and are any error messages generated?

Why have you endured this for 3 years? :confused:

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips
(A HP 8160 and HP N5495 user)

queensteffie

I book marked the site and looked it up. It said that a program called backweb can cause
lock ups...so I deleted it.

I'll see what happens.

Much appreciated.

Stef

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Download and install Ad-AWARE 6.0.181 and SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY 1.2.0.. The links to download these programs from and the instructions for using them are posted on my website in the spyware article at the bottom of the list. They'll get rid of the spyware you likely have in that computer.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

Is it true that you can alter the speed of the processor fan?

Or was it a dream I had. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts