Locked Down XP Power Down Woes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JamesCRocks

Hi,

I have secured work laptop (and trust me it is secure) configured with XP Pro upon which I cannot install anything or edit registry settings etc. In essence, given that it can’t do wireless and won’t log in unless there is a hard network connection (no password caching) it is nothing but a portable terminal service client or, as I like to call it, an iBrick :)

The problem is that it has something like a 10 minute power down setting and when it does all its encrypted VPN’s go down the p[an leaving me no choice but to hard reset and go through all the painful logon procedures again. This means that I cannot walk away from the machine for more than 5 or 10 mins and am constantly running back to it to waggle the mouse and reset the counter.

What I want to know is does anyone know any sneaky way to alter power down timeouts or an application that doesn’t need to be installed (a complete self-contained executable) ... any help appreciated.

Kyu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online