1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Locked Out" Because of Forgetfulness

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BLUBYRD, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BLUBYRD

BLUBYRD Thread Starter

I HAVE AN INSPIRON N1050, SERVICE TAG 7HFJBN1. RUNNING VISTA. WHEN I TURN IT ON, IT BECOMES A BLANK SCREEN:coffee: UNLESS I USE THE F2 OR F12 KEY. BUT THAT IS A DEAD END:cry:. EVERYTHING I TRY ASKS FOR THE ADMIN PASSWORD. WHICH I HAVE :(FORGOTTEN. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET AROUND:sneaky:, OVER(y), UNDER(n), EVEN THROUGH:eek: THIS TO RESET THIS PASSWORD.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to service tag number 7HFJBN1, you have THIS Dell Latitude 2110 laptop.

It was purchased in July 2010 in the U.S.A. and came with Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 32-bit.

Is this indeed your laptop, or did you make an error with its description or service tag number?

Regardless of that, we can't help you with a password-protected device because we have no way to confirm you're its actual owner.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  3. BLUBYRD

BLUBYRD Thread Starter

Thank you ;), flavallee for your response. All that information is correct, I did make the mistake on the N1050. it was suppose to be N5010 :love:. or that's what is on the setup utility page. What do you suggest I need to do? Take it to a shop or pay Dell:eek: to fix it.
    Once again, Thanks!!!

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Windows Vista is no longer supported. I would recommend you to buy a refurbished computer.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Closing. From the Rules:

Bypassing Passwords (read more)
    Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1197432

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice