Locked out..help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dakowalski

I installed a new software, Volkswagen ETKA 7 from Germany. After installing, it appears as if it took away my administrators privileges. I cannot right click, all of my autocomplete fileds are gone including passwords, IE7 will not let me change any setting, lost my favorites, lost my icons for OE and many others. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I am still logged in as system administartor, but I do not have all of the priveleges I should. I just noticed the Content Advisor in IE7 is greyed out.

Someone knows how to fix this. Please help. I have since uninstalled the VW ETKA7 software.

O

ODIN 0ERO

this program you installed could be a TROJAN or a VIRUS.

try scanning your system with NOD32 ANTIMALWARE tool.

before installing it remove any previously installed ANTIVIRUS programs to avoid conflict.

then report back.

google for NOD32.

try using SYSTEM RESTORE tool to return your system to its previous state.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online