1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Locked Out Of Admin Account

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by isew4kidz, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. isew4kidz

isew4kidz Thread Starter

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop and a Dell XPS 8300 Desktop both running Windows 7, with an Intel Pentium i7 processor and both 64 Bit Systems. Grandpa David came to see the kids and turned my laptop on and it went to the logon screen but the password box was missing and it said I was locked out, I tried everything including rebooting and could not get in. When I rebooted, it said Windows is setting up computer for first use. He claimed he didn't do anything but turn it on. While I was restoring the laptop, Grandpa snuck onto my desktop and told me it was doing the same thing. Now, I think it's funny that the same thing happened to both computers on the same day and while he was trying to get on them. I have never had this happen before. I have had a computer since Windows 95 first came out and have never encountered anything like this before. I think he tried to guess the password and Windows locked. I have restored both computers and they are working fine. I am just curious as to what caused this to happen? Any ideas? Another thing that could've caused it is that all computers and cell phones in this house run wirelessing off my internet and are connected to my home network because they all share the printer, my nephews got viruses on my late husband's laptop so maybe the virus traveled through my network and attacked my computers.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you keep on trying a wrong password, Windows will lock the account. I think the default time out period is 15 mins.

3. isew4kidz

isew4kidz Thread Starter

Thanks, I kind of figured that's what he did. Just wanted to find out what caused it so I could prevent it from happening again.

4. FascistNation

FascistNation

Grandpa malware. I have the same thing only it is an infection of Father malware. How I wish there were parental controls for parents!

I would suggest setting up User Accounts for each person who uses the PC. Then limit each account so they can only screw up themselves. Then leave yours as Administrator and password protect it. If you want something fun you can custom make the user account pictures.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice