Locked out of control panel!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aSILENTfire

When I right click in the bottom left corner and click control panel I get an error message saying:

::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0
There is not enough free memory to run this program. Exit one of more programs, and then try again.

but I can still open the control panel through other means, like in file explorer... any idea how this happened?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What are the Specs of thsi machine?
------------------------------------------------
TSG System Information Utility http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
Save to local machine (but remember where it is saved), the go to the folder and run the TSG SIU program.
------------------------------------------------

Did this machine come with Windows 8?
Or is it a "Upgrade" to Windows 8?
If upgrade, where did you get your copy of Windows 8?

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
An answer to DaveA's post will help. But , is this a normal installation or are you in a Virtual Machine. That message can occur a lot in VMs.

aSILENTfire

It seems the error was due to an incompatibility issue with Comodo firewall/HIPS and Windows 8.. I ended up uninstalling Comodo and resetting my system to factory settings as I have only had it for a few days anyway.

It looks like I'm going to stick to Windows firewall for now, I'm just having trouble configuring it for outgoing traffic.. I'll start another thread in General Security.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online