Locked out of laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhipper509

I am locked out of my laptop. I no longer have access to my email used to sign into my windows 8 acer aspire laptop due to it being hacked, cant access my recover email account either . How can I get into my account to change the log in account an password?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
How do you know that you have been hacked?

What error message are you getting when you try to login using your user account name and password?

Have you tried logging into the built in Administrator account?

rhipper509

My account password was changed I've even gone so far as to contact my email provider. They told me it was hacked. An my account is the administrator account. Right now I found how to reset my laptop to factory settings so I'm seeing if this will help me get into my laptop again

TerryNet

Terry
Make sure that the computer is not connected to the internet and try to login using the password that was used for the last successful login.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
One should NEVER use the built in Administrator account as a normal user. One needs to have a user account that is of the Admin Group and us it.
This built in account is you last resort backdoor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online