Lockups (System Event Logs show something odd)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Thickskull

I periodically get lockups on my Windows 7 laptop.

Just prior to the lockup events, the System Event Log under the System tab reports several Information messages, roughly around 20 and about one or more every second.

The source is Application Popup and the Event ID is 26. The description is: "Application popup: Windows - Application Error: The instruction at 0x77632239 referenced memory at 0x000000014. The memory could not be written."

No popup actually was shown on my screen, though. Within 20 minutes of these events being logged, the system inevitably locks up. Does anyone know what the reason might be?

(PS, when the system does come back, I see an event that notes that the previous system shutdown was unexpected. The time it gives for the shutdown seems to be the time when it locked up. (I can see that the clock was frozen at that time.))

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online