1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sundey90, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sundey90

sundey90 Thread Starter

Dell Windows Home 7 PremiumTech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bitProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7Processor Count: 4RAM: 2979 MbGraphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1297 MbHard Drives: C: Total - 290143 MB, Free - 246454 MB;Motherboard: Dell Inc., 034W60Antivirus: NoneI can't click on certain things and log in, it also will not open my google email. It says loading with a bar, nothing moves or changes. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

2. simsboy27

simsboy27

Hello! Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Could I ask what browser you are using?

3. sundey90

sundey90 Thread Starter

Internet Explorer

4. simsboy27

simsboy27

Have you tried using any other browers? (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, etc.)

5. sundey90

sundey90 Thread Starter

I used Firefox before, but I prefer internet explorer. But this is just something recent that has been happening. I really am confused. It will not let me sign onto my boys school account, my email account or click on certain things. Like i tried to click on a dell cleanup link, it wouldn't do anything. But I could still go online, sign in and pay bills. I can sign onto my gmail account, but it will never load it. It's like it is picking and choosing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

6. simsboy27

simsboy27

Hello!

Alright thanks for that information. First I'm going to have you try to reset Internet Explorer itself.
    Please follow these steps:
    1. Please Exit all Programs
    2. Please click on the "Start" button, then type in the search box, inetcpl.cpl and push Enter
    3. Click the Advanced Tab in that Window
    4. At the Bottom of the window you should see a Reset... button, click that (You can choose whether or not you want to delete personal settings)
    5. Click Reset
    Then, open up Internet Explorer and try the same things you stated above. (E-mail, Links, etc.)

Please Tell me how it goes

7. sundey90

sundey90 Thread Starter

It's doing the same thing, it is just a lot slower.

8. simsboy27

simsboy27

What version of Internet explorer are you using and does it do the same thing in firefox?

9. sundey90

sundey90 Thread Starter

I tried under google chrome and it all went through. I am using internet explorer 9.

10. simsboy27

simsboy27

Hello,

Please follow these steps to Reinstall Internet Explorer...
    Please follow the steps toward the bottom of the page to first uninstall Internet Explorer. After you uninstall, restart the computer and follow the steps on the top of the page to reinstall. After you uninstall you will see Internet Explorer 8 on your computer, just ignore it and install 9. If any of these steps don't make sense please let me know.

Here's the link... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

Please let me know how this goes and if the pages will load after this.

11. sundey90

sundey90 Thread Starter

I am trying to download I.E. 9 on my computer and will not download. I click on the button and it does nothing. Also, if you do not mind, can I ask you another quesiton? Is there a good malware, spyware or whatever it is called that is free? THANKS again for your help!

12. simsboy27

simsboy27

Hello...

Please try to download IE9 with IE8 which should be on your computer since you uninstalled IE9. And now for anti-virus I would recommend Avast! which is a great antivirus with minimum advertising, or You could look at other alternatives at this link. out of all 5 at that website I would recommend Avast, also in the comments section at that website, Avast looks very popular. I would also recommend you installing Malwarebytes which is a very good and well known anti spyware program, you should run this maybe once a month.

Please tell me how Internet Explorer 9 install goes

13. sundey90

sundey90 Thread Starter

OMG! I am sorry, but I cannot figure this out. Everytime I try to load IE8 it sends me to IE9. Should I just used something like google chrome? Is that a better one? I cannot thank you enough!!

14. simsboy27

simsboy27

Well, overall Google Chrome is a more well liked browser, its usually more stable. I would choose Chrome over IE any day (lol). Just curious, what do you mean it sends you to IE9, it shouldn't be on your computer if you unstalled it. Please explain this a little more!! Thanks! :)

15. sundey90

sundey90 Thread Starter

It sends me to download for IE9, not IE8. I cannot find IE8 anywhere.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!