Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

561 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NaderHussain 
#1 ·
Hi There,

I wonder if someone could help me with a strange problem that started tonight.

Basically, when I open up the main page of either Facebook or Twitter, my Log-in details are immediately showing over the search bar. When I click on the bar it offers to autofill my password, again, just like on a log in screen.

I can delete the entry - but when I do, the Search bar changes back to its default appearance. It's as if the log in info is coming in on top of the search bar.

Curiously it only happens in the main screen, once I search for something else, and I am on a specific search page, it no longer seems to be looking for the log in details.

I have not clicked on my log in details, as it is making me concerned my passwords could be at risk, but this seems very specfic for a scam.

I have reset my cookies, and logged in and out of all of my accounts.

It only seems to be affecting twitter and facebook, It's not happening on Yahoo Mail or Google, for example, Ii seems to only affect Google Chrome (the only other browser I can test it against is Edge, and that is not showing any issues on Facebook - Having said that, Edge doesn't have any passwords)

Could anyone offer advice?

Thanks

Phil

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
There are a number of things that should be done given this Chrome issue.

First, change the passwords being exposed. Next, check to see if any extensions to Chrome may be causing your passwords to be shown in the Search bar and uninstall any extension which may be at fault from the browser. If no difference is made, you may need to roll back Chrome to an earlier version. To do this, a System Restore can be done to a point before the latest Chrome version was installed as an update after backing up your important files to an external drive. At this point, Chrome should be functioning properly and not showing your passwords for Facebook or Twitter.

You may also want to consider disabling autofill, too. In any case, autofill data in Chrome should be cleared and the other browsers you have installed need to be verified that they do not have the same issue, too, if you have other browsers installed on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.