1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by moreno2go, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreno2go

moreno2go Thread Starter

hey was up? i hope that you can help me with the problem that i am having.i have a windows 98 and before that i had the problem that i am having now,everytime that i log on the computer it used to ask me for a network password,so i followed the instruction that you need to in order to delete it,so i finaly deleted the password but know when i restarted my computer this message comes out on the middle top of the monitor "Award Bootblock BIOS v1.0 Copyright (c) 1998,award software,inc
    BIOS ROM check sum error
    detecting floppy drive A media
    insert system disk and press enter" but when i insert the boot disk the computer just freezes a bunch of words comes out and then at the end the command prompt pops up and i have try formatting drive 'c' but a message comes out "drive c not detected" but when i try a scandisk on drive c it does it good i don't know what to do. i hope that you can help. thank's.
    :(

2. TheHawk

TheHawk

I sent you a PM reply, but it sounds like your BIOS is messed. You may have to wipe your CMOS and start over :(
    Did you try and flash your BIOS before the error started?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice